Bassersdorf: Difference between revisions

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
No edit summary
Line 18: Line 18:
The arms were officially adopted on June 5, 1930.
The arms were officially adopted on June 5, 1930.


The arms are based on the arms of the Von Bassersdorf family, whose arms first appear in the Edlibach Roll of Arms, dated from 1450. The family arms, in slightly different versions, appear in many armorials and books until the 18th century.
The arms are based on the arms of the Von Bassersdorf family, whose arms first appear in the Edlibach Roll of Arms, dated from 1493. The family arms, in slightly different versions, appear in many armorials and books until the 18th century.


As arms for the village appear on the local fountain from 1793 and in the seal of the municipality in 1885 a red shield with a golden bordure and a blue orb. These arms were used until 1930 when the arms of the family were officially adopted. The family arms were, in a mirrored version, already mentioned in 1860 for the village on a large map with the arms of the villages in the Zürich canton (see image below).
As arms for the village appear on the local fountain from 1793 and in the seal of the municipality in 1885 a red shield with a golden bordure and a blue orb. These arms were used until 1930 when the arms of the family were officially adopted. The family arms were, in a mirrored version, already mentioned in 1860 for the village on a large map with the arms of the villages in the Zürich canton (see image below).

Revision as of 13:08, 25 March 2023

BASSERSDORF

Canton : Zürich

Wappen von Bassersdorf/Arms (crest) of Bassersdorf
Official blazon
German Fünfmal von Silber und Blau schräggeteilt und ein roter Balken.
English blazon wanted

Origin/meaning

The arms were officially adopted on June 5, 1930.

The arms are based on the arms of the Von Bassersdorf family, whose arms first appear in the Edlibach Roll of Arms, dated from 1493. The family arms, in slightly different versions, appear in many armorials and books until the 18th century.

As arms for the village appear on the local fountain from 1793 and in the seal of the municipality in 1885 a red shield with a golden bordure and a blue orb. These arms were used until 1930 when the arms of the family were officially adopted. The family arms were, in a mirrored version, already mentioned in 1860 for the village on a large map with the arms of the villages in the Zürich canton (see image below).

Literature: Ziegler, 1977

Template:Ch1 Template:Media1