Oberwesterwaldkreis: Difference between revisions

From Heraldry of the World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m (Text replacement - "{{media}}" to " {{de1}} {{media1}}")
m (Text replacement - "{{de}}" to "")
Line 1: Line 1:
{{de}}
 


'''OBERWESTERWALDKREIS (WEB)'''
'''OBERWESTERWALDKREIS (WEB)'''

Revision as of 20:33, 26 December 2022


OBERWESTERWALDKREIS (WEB)

State : Rheinland-Pfalz
Incorporated into : 1973 Westerwaldkreis

Wappen von Oberwesterwaldkreis/Arms (crest) of Oberwesterwaldkreis
Official blazon
German
English No blazon/translation known. Please click here to send your (heraldic !) blazon or translation

Origin/meaning

The arms were granted on June 29, 1960.

The arms are a combination of the main dynasties and territories that ruled the district before 1806. The first quarter shows the arms of the Counts of Westerburg, who founded the city of that name in 1292, the capital of the district. The second quarter shows the lion of the Counts of Nassau, the third the lion of the Counts of Sayn an the fourth quarter shows the cross of the State and diocese of Trier.

Literature: Stadler, 1964-1971, 8 volumes.


Template:De1 Template:Media1