|Heraldry of the World
Heraldic collector's items catalogue > Heraldic albums
Album information :
- Issued by : A. Weller's Verlag, Kahla in Thüringen, Germany
- Date of issue : 1900-1920 (?)
- Number of stamps/cards : ? over 5000
- Image variants : several prints, so several slight differences
This is a huge collection of stamps with the arms of countries and families, issued around 1900-1920. The total number is not known, the largest collection I have seen on offer had 3800 stamps. The stamps were issued in sheets, which were numbered, but the stamps itself were not numbered.
I have no idea how these stamps could be collected.
The sheets were not always properly perforated, resulting in a number of different formats for the stamps. The actual format should be 4x5.5 cm, but can differ up to 1 cm in width.
The stamps could be glued on pages, which were then kept in boxes, see image above. I have no idea whether an index was issued.
An example of a sheet :
An example of variations:
Series and stamps issued
- Series 1: Rulers and Countries (300 arms)
- Series 2: Nobility (>2100)
- Series 3: Cities and regions (500)
- Series 4: Bishops and commoners (>3000)
- Series 5: Guilds and associations (175)
Heraldry of the World is a private site, which is on-line since 1996. It is a hobby, which takes much time and money (books, hosting etc etc). If you would like to support this site, donations are very welcome ! You can support the site by donating items (books, pdf, images and other items) or financially using the PayPal button below.
All donations send to this specific PayPal address will be used for acquiring books or other items for the site and not for private use.