|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
Unter rotem Schildhaupt, darin nebeneinander drei sechsstrahlige goldene Sterne, die bayerischen Rauten.
Dingolfing received city rights in 1274, after it had become a Bavarian possession in 1251.
The arms are identical to the arms seen on the first seal (below). The upper part of the arms are probably the old village sign, most likely representing the St. Mary, whose symbol is a star. The lower part is the arms of Bavaria. The colours of the upper part are known since 1555, but may be much older. The arms have thus never changed since the 13th century.
The oldest seal of Dingolfing, dating from before 1290
The second seal of Dingolfing, dating from the 14th century
The municipal stamp shown in 1892
The arms in the Wappen-Sammlung (+/- 1910)
The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925
The arms in the Deutsches Wappenmuseum