|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
The arms were officially granted in 1895.
The arms show the local village sign. The meaning of the symbol isnot known. It appeared for the first time on the local seal from 1811, but is probably (much) older. In 1568 the village did not have its own seal, as they needed the seal of Durlach on a document.
Literature : Die Wappen in Karlsruhe, 1995.