|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
HOCHBORN (until 1971 BLÖDESHEIM)
The arms show in the upper part the lion of the Pfalz and in the lower five oak leaves. The arms appeared as such on the seal of the village from 1537. The village at the time belonged to the Pfalz. The oak leaves are probably canting for the name of the village at the time, Blatmarsheim (Blatt is leaf).
Literature : Hessisches Wappenbuch - Ortswappen, 1956.