|Heraldry of the World|
|Swiss heraldry portal|
Armorial de Suisse
Canton : Bern
The arms are the arms of the Teutonic Order. The village and castle of Köniz were a possession of the Knights of the Teutonic Order from 1226-1729. The cross is used as arms of the village since the 19th century.
Variations of the arms in the Kaffee Hag albums 1914-1960
Literature : Wappenbuch des Kantons Bern, 1981.