|Heraldry of the World |
|Slovak heraldry portal|
Heraldika na Slovensku
Province : Nitra
District (okres) : Komárno
The arms first appear in the seal of the city from the first half of the 15th century, and are a typical image for a city. To distinguish the composition from those of other cities the two stars were added. The arms were officially granted in 1745, with the castle now placed on an island between the two rivers Danube and Waag. The arms have not changed since.
The Hungarian city of Komárom opposite the river uses similar arms, as until 1918 both cities were united.
The arms in the Coffee Hag album +/- 1935
Literature : Kartous et al, 1991; Slowakei - Spaziergänge durch die Jahrhunderte der Städte und Städchen. Piroda, Bratislava, 1994 (German version, ISBN 80-07-00531-5); Kartous and Vrteľ , 2000