National Arms of Bermuda
|Heraldry of the World|
|Bermuda heraldry portal|
Civic heraldry of Bermuda
National Coat of Arms of Bermuda
The arms were granted on October 4, 1910.
The arms show the British lion over the Sea Venture, the ship that discovered Bermuda in 1609.
Even though the arms were officially granted in 1910, they have been used already since the early 17th century, as shown below by an image of a book describing the islands from 1624.
The arms on a seal from George V (image from auction site)
The arms on a coin
Literature : image scanned from stamp; Harper, 1980