|Heraldry of the World |
Wappen der Welt
Civic heraldry of Germany
Prüm was the village near the powerful Imperial Abbey of Prüm. Even though the town was prosperous, it did not receive city rights until 1856. The lamb is the arms of the Abbey and is used by the city since the beginning of the 20th century. Since the 18th century the city used the lamb, with its front paw on a bible. The oldest seals of the city, however, showed a shield with a bar, on which was placed a small rose, with above the bar the lamb, and below some flowers. These seals all date from the late 16th or early 17th century.
Seal from around 1900
The arms by Hupp in the Kaffee Hag albums +/- 1925