Spiesheim

From Heraldry of the World
Revision as of 05:25, 27 December 2022 by Knorrepoes (talk | contribs) (Text replacement - "{{de}}" to "")
Jump to navigation Jump to search


SPIESHEIM

State : Rheinland-Pfalz
District (Kreis) : Alzey-Worms (until 1969 Alzey)
Verbandsgemeinde : Verbandsgemeinde Wörrstadt

Wappen von Spiesheim/Arms (crest) of Spiesheim
Official blazon
German
English No blazon/translation known. Please click here to send your (heraldic !) blazon or translation

Origin/meaning

The arms were officially granted on March 24, 1986.

The oldest known seal of the town dates from 1492 and shows the local patron saint, St. Stephan as a supporter behind three shields. The shield with the lion is the arms of the Counts of Nassau, to which the area belonged at the time. The second shield showed the violin derived from the arms of the Abbey of Alzey, which acted as vassals for the Counts of Nassau. The origin of the third shield with the dog and horns is not known, but the horn probably is derived from the arms of the Lords of Horneck, as can be seen in the local church. The arms combine the elements from the three shields in a single composition. This idea was already proposed in 1956, but in different colours, see below.

Wappen von Spiesheim/Arms (crest) of Spiesheim


Template:De1 Template:Media1

Literature: Hessisches Wappenbuch, 1956